A Piece of My Mind: “CORRUPTION”

Wow, for a very long time I haven’t written anything on my blog. Now, I think I have something to share. I’m a Filipino and I am living in the Philippines, I recently graduated last March 2013 and I have tried working my butt off in the BPO Industry. I have tasted my first pay and I have experienced paying my taxes for the very first time. I can’t fail to think about the money I gave away for the government since “CORRUPTION” is fairly LEGAL in our country, how can I say that, well simple, almost every officer, official, senators, high elected people steal money from the so called “People’s Money”, nasty isn't it?

Well, going back to the main topic, I know and I understand that not everybody on the government steals money, but because of the very large scale of corruption, they are (the good officials) overpowered by those Bad people and the community don’t see their work and changes and the worst part is, they tend to adapt on the environment that they are inflicted with the disease of corruption.

Many are suffering from hunger and some do not have their own home, though some officials try to help those “Homeless” (bajao) people, they will still go back to the streets and ask for money. Why? Because it’s much easier to ask for food or some coins than working and earning much higher salary plus they haven’t been educated so who on earth will get them as an employee. By the way, I can’t help but highlight the laws on our country as well since some; rather, mostly all of them are USELESS laws that are passed by our BRILLIANT law makers.

Take into account the policy in the agricultural industry, though I am not sure if this is a law or a made up policy it still stinks! Get this, the farmers who invest their selves on planting all those vegetables and rice sell it in a very low (“standard”) price and those whom they sell their products have the ability to increase the price when it reaches the market, that’s why we have quite an expensive shopping cart. Now where’s the fairness on that? I get that it’s purely business, but come on! Can you see that the farmers are the one who worked their butt off and what they get is small amount of money and a grumbling tummy? They can’t even buy their children some decent clothes since every penny they earned is not even enough to buy a month’s supply of food for their family. Fishermen are not excluded to that; they experience the same situation with the farmers. All I can say is that all those who labor with their mind and body gets poorer and poorer and those who labor their minds and sit on their high chairs get richer and richer. Now, I am not trying to make those entrepreneurs look bad. I am just fairly saying my opinion on this b***s*** ways.

To sum it up, we Filipinos should not just monitor the works and ways of the one who seated on the highest position in our country but also guard and regularly check the officials near us, I am referring to the city officials and barangay officials. As the saying goes, to get the change we need, we should start small.




Comments

Popular Posts